Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chillaxin'

Larry here. Thought I'd drop in and let everyone know how I'm doing in my foster home....

I have finally conquered those pesky things the fp's (foster parents) call stairs. My fp's no longer have to lead me up and down by my collar and they always clap and say "good job Larry" every time I go up or down (I really like being praised). Sometimes for fun, I'll even go up them when it's not time to go upstairs--of course then the fp's call me and I have to go running back down. I also take the concrete stairs outside like a pro.

I treat my foster home as one big kennel so I do all of my business outside (on lead to boot). The fp's seem to really be impressed by this. The resident grey lifts his leg outside (on everything) but I prefer to squat.

As far as my actual kennel goes, I eat my meals in there and stay there during the day while the fp's are at work. Sometimes I go in right away when they say "kennel up" and other times it takes a slight tug on my collar before I'll go in (I like to keep them on their toes). Once inside I don't make a peep or protest at all. I like to stand around for a bit, nest in my blankets and then lay down for a siesta. At night I get to sleep in the floor on a nice bed beside my fp's bed and right next to the resident Grey's and the little dog's beds.

I'm still not interested in the little dog they call Blossom. She runs around and jumps on the furniture (how rude) and I just lay on my big comfy bed and watch her. Outside I've seen lots of small animals but I just don't have time for them. There are too many other exciting things to see, sniff and do while I'm out on my walk.

I like to be loved on and I'm learning about these things called stuffies. I'll grab one out of the basket every now and then and give it a toss in the air for good measure.

I can't believe (and neither can the fp's) it's only been a little over a week since I retired. My fp's keep telling me that I'm going to make somebody a very good forever grey someday soon and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment